Goddard College, MFA in inter-disciplinary art, 2010.
Yale University, B.A. in East Asian Studies, 1993.
911 Media, Seattle, Video Production & Film School workshops.
New School University of New York, documentary film intensive.
Harvard Extension School, Nonfiction Writing.
Selected Film Credits and Awards:
Documentary & Narrative Films
• Return of the River, feature documentary Co-Director and Producer, released 2014. www.elwhafilm.com
• Lucky Dog, short narrative, Editor, 2010. Selected for Port Townsend Film Festival.
• Women Without Men, feature length documentation of theater & dance production (based on the novel by Shahrnush Parsipur) Producer / Director of Photography, Editor, 2009.
•Talking Heads, short documentary, Second Camera, 2009.
• Katrina Stories, a series of profiles from Bay St. Louis and Waveland, MI, filmed after Hurricane Katrina, Co-producer / Editor, 2006.
Video Exhibitions and Installations:
• Last Chance Travel, group exhibit, artists respond to climate change, Seattle WA 2011.
• Into the Woods, juried group exhibition, Northwind Art Center, Port Townsend, WA 2011.
• Tenuous Truths, AMP featured artist, Arts West, Seattle 2010.
• Shape of Water, group exhibition, Northwest Maritime Center, Port Townsend. WA 2010.
• Inner Cartography, solo installation at Goddard College, Port Townsend. WA 2010.
• Envision Cascadia, group show, Port Angeles Fine Arts Center, Port Angeles, WA, 2009.
• Light & Shadows, group exhibition, Portland Yoga Shala, Portland, Oregon 2009.
Experimental Short Films
• Herogeny, Director, Camera, Editor, 2010.
• Sweet Grief, Director, Camera, Editor, 2008.
• New Day, Director, Camera, Editor, 2006.
For Return of the River:
- Best storytelling,
International Wildlife Film Festival
- Best conservation
message, International Wildlife Film Festival
- Best international
documentary, Kuala Lumpur Eco Film Festival, Malaysia
- Gold Jury Prize,
Social Justice Film Festival
- Best Eco Film, Wine
Country Festival, Sonoma CA.
- Audience award and
jury award, Port Townsend Film Festival.
- Audience award and
jury award, Friday Harbor Film Festival
- Best environmental
activism award, Adventure Film Festival, Boulder CO
Artist Trust GAP grant recipient, 2012.
Herogeny, First prize, 'Big Joy' video poetry contest, 2010.
Related Work Experience:
• Director, Plumb Productions, produces promotional and educational videos. Clients include Goddard College, Ling-Hui Dance, Port Townsend Marine Science Center, UGN, PT Artscape, numerous non-profits and individual artists. (2005 – present)
• Director of Education Programs, Centrum, produced workshops in multi-media, visual and performing arts for youth and educators at a statewide center for the arts. (2000-2004)
• Editor, Yale-China Review, a magazine devoted to East Asian affairs, published by the Yale-China Association. (1999-2000)